Sunday, February 7, 2016

Spanish Civil War

Friday we took a walking tour based on the Spanish Civil War.  I've been trying to digest what I learned, and come up with ideas I can write about that are fit for a G-rated blog, but the entire affair makes me want to just give up and cry.  What I will say is that lots of things I've seen in Barcelona look different to me now.  I'm re-reading Orwell's Homage to Catalonia, and googling and reading to understand more.

Instead of writing about it, I'm going to post two photos.  Both are propaganda.  The first is a warning.

yourchildren

 

The second is Marina.

Marina-Ginesta_2784832b

If you want to know more, there's plenty of information available.

 

Back to our trip, here are two pictures I took today.

20160207_010059.jpg

Random beauty you can find anywhere.

 

20160207_030028.jpg

And the rarest kind of beauty.